When the club were granted planning permission there were a number of planning restrictions, which is not unusual for a project of this size. Before a lease can be granted the club have to either agree these restrictions, or in the cases where the club do not agree them, then they have to be negotiated again, and depending on the original restriction and our requirement, may need to go back to the council for agreeing.
Some of the restrictions relate to matters the club has no issue with, but there are a few, with one in particular the club is trying to resolve with the council, as the restriction has an impact on our long term vision.
Once all the restrictions have been agreed, or have after consultation been amended then the club and the council can work towards a lease that both parties agree to.
Armed with this lease we can then go to the funding bodies, along with our business plan, which we are writing at the moment , and ask for a commitment towards the project.
We are working as hard as we can, not a day goes by when we are not trying to push this forward. We are of course doing this alongside running the club on a daily basis.
There is still a need for funds to come into the club to support this project so if anyone knows of any sponsors, potential investors, or a way we can come up with some working capital so we are not holding up the project while waiting for money then feel free to contact the club.